Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Introducing Cinnabear....

That is the name that Eric and I are calling the little fetus that is growing inside me. That's right! I AM PREGNANT!!!

As some of you readers know, we have been trying for a year now to start a family. Back in May Eric's doctor told us that there was only about a 2% chance that we could conceive with his current condition. So, we gave up for a while and decided to try again in the fall. Then BAM! When we weren't trying, God took over and had some plans for us. I was not feeling very good, sort of flu-like for almost two weeks, so I finally went to the Doctor because I was starting to think that maybe I was anemic or had mono, just SOOO tired and crummy feeling. She took a bunch of blood and said they'd call me. The next day she left me a message saying she really needed to talk to me about my blood tests, and could I call her back. I was so nervous when I re-dialed, I was convinced I had cancer. The Dr. came on the phone and said she wanted to tell me herself, I was pregnant. [crickets] "....uh... I don't think that is possible, I just had my period about a week ago." She said well I am starring at a positive test. So they sent me in for more blood work to check my HCG levels (pregnancy hormone) and it came back at 45,000 which is OH MY GOD pregnant.


In disbelief I went home and took a home pregnancy test and sure enough turned bright pink instantly! (As you can see). Eric was out of town so I made some cupcakes and put the test next to them so when he would get a cupcake he would see it. When he got home that night I was like "dontcha want a cupcake?? Eat a cupcake!!!" He was just OVER the moon excited! We both thought the second pink lines were a myth, we'd never seen them before! They predicted that my HCG levels were 6 weeks along. When we went for our first ultrasound a few days later, the baby was measuring 8 weeks, 3 days!! I was pregnant for 2 months and didn't know it! Crazy!

(8 week sonogram)
Our due date is February 6, 2010. I will be 13 weeks along this Friday. Because of the bleeding (what I thought was a period) we've have to make SEVERAL trips to the Dr., and I have been put on bed rest at least three times (including one weekend when I had to miss my good friend Christy's birthday party). It has been sort of stressful for us and touch-and-go each day, so we decided to wait through the first trimester before we told anyone.
But Cinnabear is doing good, has a great heart beat each visit, in the 160's, and is moving around a lot! My morning sickness has moved to the evenings now, and I am hoping within the next week or two it will disappear (God willing). Things are great though! Wanted to share our good news! I will update my blog as the pregnancy progresses.
(10 week sonogram)

2 comments:

Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!! Lots of love! XO

Corn said...

Yeah so glad you are now sharing the news!!! I cannot tell you enough how happy I am for you guys and how excited Alex & Amelia are to play with little Cinnabear!