Noah turned six months old this week! ! ! I cannot believe it, where does the time go?! In the past two weeks he has gotten two bottom teeth (and NO sleep whatsoever), he started eating stage 2 foods, and he can sit up on his own for about 45 seconds before he falls over. But I am happy that he is still my little baby whom I can plop down and he will be relatively in the same spot when I return. I am fine if he doesn't do the crawling and walking thing for a long time!
I decided to take him monthly pictures outside this month because the weather here has been pretty nice in the mornings. And by nice, I mean a super warm day on the coast...but I digress. He has been pretty cranky for a while with those teeth really hurting him, but yesterday and today he has been napping better and happier when he is awake, so let's hope it's not a fluke and we are DONE with the teething for a little while! He actually touched the grass for these photos, I think he is getting used to the feeling now. Of course, his furry brother wanted in on the photo action too!
On a different but related note, I have had something wrong with my eyes for a couple weeks now, and though I went to the doctor and received drops for what they thought was conjunctivitis, it only got WORSE! (See photo from Friday when I thought I might actually have to perform my own eye transplant just to stop the pain).

Well, I went back to the Dr. on friday and they didn't think it was allergies, rather a bacterial infection. So the Dr. prescribed me steroid drops to help with the inflammation and irritation and also cure the infection. It is now Sunday, and though the redness is completely gone, this morning I can't see. Now, I know most of you know me as a bit of hypochondriac sometimes (it's genetic, I can't help it) but seriously, I cannot see. It is as if I am not wearing my glasses or contacts, everything is fuzzy, but my glasses are on.
So....I am trying not to get freaked out, because trust me, I can get myself worked up thinking what if the drops or the infection cause me to lose my eye sight? Maybe I let it go to long before I went back to the Dr.? And if I lose my sight, how will I handle that???? I won't be able to see Noah get bigger and have other milestone birthdays, won't be able to look through a viewfinder and take photos of him......see, I need to stop thinking about it. The plan is that I am going to the eye doctor as soon as I can this week. Eric and I agree, it is time to stop the experimenting and figure out what the hell is wrong! I know my tone is a little kidding, but honestly I AM pretty freaked out. =( You take your eyesight for granted every day, but it is life altering if you can't use it. Pray for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment