This is my very last day as a stay at home mommy with Noah! It came upon me too quickly and I am just not ready! I am not ready for many reasons. I am not emotionally ready to not be with him every day and get to watch as he explores the world and learns things. And I am not ready to work for sheer lack of preparation. I don't have my suits dry cleaned, I haven't finished everything for Noah's birthday party this week, I don't even have any HEELS here in Santa Maria!!! I thought I had more time!!!!!
But I guess that is a HUGE life lesson, isn't it?? That we always think that there will be more time. But sometimes there isn't. Someone leaves you earlier than you thought they would. And you are left standing there wishing you would have had more time with them. So today, I am holding Noah whenever he wants to be held. And I don't even care that he woke us up at 5:45 this morning. Because that just means more time I have to spend with him today!
He is napping right now, that is why I am not in there smothering him to death with kisses and hugs. I also forgot to mention that he turns ONE YEAR OLD this week!!! I cannot believe how quickly time flies by! On thursday I will no longer be a SAHM, I will be a working lawyer mommy. And I won't be a mommy of a baby, but rather of a TODDLER! This week is going to bring so many drastic changes, I know it will be hard and we will hit some bumps trying to figure this new routine out.
So instead of getting overwhelmed and curling up into a ball (like I want to do), I am embracing the new changes with things that I can control. Starting with going out and buying some new heels.
Wish me luck!!!!!

2 comments:
I cannot believe that Noah's turning one already! How does time fly so quickly? :)
I hope you're able to get everything done you need to get done before you start working again. I'm sorry we weren't able to do a playdate afterall...bummer!
Have lots of fun with Noah's party and can't wait to see pics! I'll be praying that all goes well with the transition back to work for you and Noah both! Hugs!!!
I know how it feels when someone leaves you and you want more time with them!.. miss you all so very much!
Post a Comment