Monday, June 13, 2011

Cars!


Noah is obsessed with EVERYTHING Cars right now!!! We showed him the movie many months back when he was probably around 7 months old and he was not that interested in it. Then we decided to watch it with him again a few weeks ago and ever since then: OBSESSED! We have Lightening McQueen towels, shirts, mac n cheese, toys, rolly backpack, marshmallows.... anything with Lightening on it!

And the thing is, he will sit and watch almost the whole movie in one sitting. He is transfixed by it! Look at these pictures! I think our house could be on fire, and he would keep watching the t.v. as long as it was showing Cars!



Every morning he sits in his chair with his sippy cup of milk and points to the t.v. and says "cars? cars?" until one of us turns the movie on. When I bring him home after picking him up from daycare in the evenings, he toddles to the living room, points at the t.v. and says "cars? cars?" Sheesh!! Eric and I could recite the entire movie for you all, we see it at least twice each day!


I took him to Target to get a new Lightening McQueen car (he left his other one at our friends The Kelley's last weekend), and when I tried to see if he wanted Lightening or Mater, he objected each time I put one of them back. So I got him both. I know, I know. But they really are a set, they shouldn't be separated.


When I picked Noah up from daycare tonight, he came over to me at first but then toddled off toward our babysitters son who is about 4 or 5. He tried to give him what looked like a hug and I thought oh that's cute they are becoming friends. Then our babysitter's precocious 9 year old who likes to give me updates on Noah's day when I pick him up told me that Noah had been following her brother around ALL day and wouldn't leave him alone! I thought that was a little strange for my child who is usually a loner. And then I noticed it. Little 4 year old had on a Lightening McQueen shirt today. Noah kept tugging on it and pointing it out to anyone who would listen! Poor kid!

We are taking Noah to Disneyland on Sunday and I cannot WAIT to see his facial expression when he gets to meet the "real" Lightening McQueen up close!! We are taking our video camera this time!


2 comments:

Y said...

Love it! He is just so adorable. Can't wait to see him.

nightingale. said...

OMG. He's gonna totally freak out when he sees the real thing!! Maybe he'll end up becoming a NASCAR driver one day. ;-)