Monday, September 5, 2011

Summertime Fun!


In some parts of the U.S. the summer is coming to a close as the weather begins to chill and children go back to school. Here on the coast, the summer never really showed up. We had a really warm (down right hot, actually) week in July around Independence Day but then it went back down to overcast and breezy and hasn't really been over 65* the entire month of August! Don't get me wrong, I am glad to be out of the 100* heat this summer, but sheesh!! I would like to wear my shorts SOME times!!

Since this summer has been one of the least fun summer's I have had since probably the summer I took the Bar exam, there hasn't been much to post about. I go to work, take Noah to daycare, pick up Noah from daycare, clean up the mess in the house that the dogs made, do laundry, wash dishes.....it's all very mundane. Work, work, work really. And I was so sad that the summer flew by and I was never able to take Noah to a book reading at the Library, or take him to open swim in the kiddie pool at Paul Nelson, or just have lunch in the middle of the week together. It sucks really. This working mom, or should I say lawyer-mom, thing is really sucky. I decided to take control a little it and spend a weekend with Noah doing fun stuff, no work. We drove to SoCal a couple of weekends ago when Eric was out of the state in Alabama.  We visited with family and friends and spent a day at Mickey's house too. It was a great weekend! My cousin took some photos of me and Noah at Disneyland, so more on those when she shares them with me. Until then, here are some of our summer highlights:

The Kelley Family visited us for 4th of July



We got a new puppy- Murphy Sheller!














Actually now that I look back on it, it was a pretty fun summer. =)

No comments: