World of Cars. Also known as, my world. Noah has been obsessed with Disney's Cars since he was 15 months old. We thought maybe it was a phase he would outgrow, but it has proved to be tried and true! So of COURSE we did his birthday party theme in Cars this year.
First off, he had a little party at daycare the day before his birthday. His little buddy Andre (they are thick as thieves and always together) also had a February birthday and in fact is only one day older than Noah. They are so adorable together. I kept reminding Andre that the cupcakes were for his birthday too. He was pretty happy about that! This is the two of them with one of their daycare providers Christina. (Noah calls her 'Tina" because, well Christina is hard for a two year old).
Eric and I spent his actual birthday with Noah at the Santa Barbara Zoo. And although I took my camera, I left it in the car. I decided just to be in the moment and not be in photog mode. That evening we sent him to my mom's house for a few hours so that we could re-decorate his room and transform it into a toddler's room. We took apart the crib (something I was in a hurry to do, but now I'm kinda sad that it's gone), and we decorated in Cars bedding, wall art, table, toy storage....basically Cars threw up in his room. But he LOVED it!! We videotaped his reaction and he was just in awe looking at everything new. Lucky for us, he slept all night in it too and didn't try to get out.
Saturday was his birthday party. I spent most of the day baking, cutting, taping, etc. It was an exhausting day. But so worth it! He loved it and had so much fun! Ah heck, I had fun! It was so much fun to watch him open his "presnants" this year and be so into the cakes! He had been talking about his Cars cakes for weeks! I am no Cake Boss, so the cake left a little something to be desired in the aesthetic appeal front, but it tasted good, and he didn't mind that it wasn't perfect.
I told him "Say cheeeeeese..." and this is what we get....

I love that silly goof ball! Happy second birthday my dear baby boy!




1 comment:
I loved the birthday recap!
xoxo-Am
Post a Comment