Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Shake It Out

I am currently obsessed with Florence + the Machine. Well, I've actually been obsessed for a couple of years now. But currently I am in love with their newest song, I think because the lyrics mean something to me.

"I am done with my graceless heart, so tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then re-start. 'Cause I like to keep my issues drawn, it's always darkest before the dawn... Shake it out, shake it out! Shake it out, Shake it out!! And its hard to dance with the devil on your back, so shake him off!"

I finally feel a little bit like my dawn is breaking, finally. I quit my job in January after an entire year of feeling like I was drowning. I. Do. Not. miss my old job, but, I do miss working some days. SO I don't know how long I will be a SAHM. I would really like for Noah to be enrolled in full time preschool once he is potty-trained and old enough. So I imagine at that time I would go back to working full-time. Meanwhile though, it has been about 8 weeks since I quit working and Noah and I have established a little bit of a weekly routine. It is interrupted every now and then by us traveling with Eric when he has to work in other parts of California.

A few weeks ago Eric had to work in Southern California and then fly out of LAX to Atlanta. SO Noah and I tagged along and we spent a nice afternoon/evening at Disneyland. This was our first trip to Disneyland in which Noah remembered what Disneyland was. He was so excited and talked about it for days before hand. Once we were there he was asking us "where Jack go??" because when we were there at Christmas time the Haunted Mansion was decorated like Nightmare Before Christmas, and Jack Skellington was greeting guests. They only do that during Halloween thru Christmas, so Jack was't there in February. Noah remembered though! Eric and I were impressed!!

Of course we could not go without visiting McQueen and Mater. Noah was very excited as you can tell. He is so much like my dad sometimes, especially when it comes to cars! He was gently touching McQueen's hood like he was a real race care. =)






(Waiting for the train playing with his new Buzz and Woody cars)


The other cool thing about our trip to Disney was that coincidentally we went on Leap Day, and unbeknownst to us, Disney was having a special Leap Day - for the first time in history the park was opening from 6:00am-6:00am the next day! So we got to be one of the first 100 people in the park the next day and only waited in line for Toy Story Mania for about 10 minutes!! (Trust me, that's wicked fast!) And, as an extra special treat, the cast from the tv show Modern Family was at the park all day filming an upcoming episode! I got a couple of cell phone photos, so not the greatest of quality. But they were RIGHT THERE! So neat!


It was a great trip, seriously one of my top 5 Disney moments! We can't wait to go back in the fall after they open Cars Land. Noah will be beyond excited!!!

See, things are looking up. I tip my coffee mug in a toast to the dawn.


No comments: