Well, it's been three weeks now since we closed escrow, and finally moved into our new home! We have been doing renovations, and I have now realized I'm not cut out for manual labor. We have made a lot of progress, but we still have much more to do. It will get done in due time. Mostly though we had to do the major stuff (stuff that required more than one person, heavy lifting, etc) before this Wednesday because that is when Eric is scheduled to have his thyroid surgery.
Last week he met with the hematologist doctor of oncology (imagine the schooling for THAT one!) and his CBC revealed that he does NOT have Luekemia - praise Jesus!! However, the CBC cannot determine whether a person has lymphoma. Only a full body scan can do that. So the plan right now is after his surgery (a couple of weeks after), he will have a full body scan. And also at that time he will meet with the endocrinologist to determine what his further treatment plan(s) will be, and when they will be. Apparently they have to exam the pathology during and after the surgery to determine the extent of the cancer, and that will help them come up with a treatment plan that is best.
Right now I'm pretty nervous about the surgery more than anything. It's not a complicated surgery, not like they are messing the his heart or brain. But anytime you have to be put under, there is risk. There is also a small chance that they could knick or sever vocal chords or large arteries in his neck. I am praying hard it will all go okay. I am so thankful that I will get to stay with him in the hospital overnight, too. I will try and update on Wednesday after the procedure. All prayers for healing and peace are most appreciated!



1 comment:
Thinking of you all. He's going to do great in surgery and be renovating the house again with you and Noah in no time. Hang in there. Love you guys!
Post a Comment