Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blizzard-free and happy!


When I turned on the news yesterday and saw all of the snow on the East coast, I was briefly sad. I mean, I was really hoping for a white East coast Christmas on our trip, and we only saw some flurries and left over snow. But that sadness was quickly replaced by relief. It was difficult enough to walk around in 26* weather without having to battle windchill and wetness!

The purpose of our trip was a belated 30th birthday present for me from Eric. I had been counting down the days since April, and was so excited to finally go! I have been to New York a few times before. In fact, that is where Eric and I got engaged almost five years ago now. He proposed to me right on the Bow Bridge in Central Park. But even more importantly, Eric called me from the top of the Empire State Building waaaaaay back when we were teenagers. I guess you could say that was when we became a couple. So New York City holds a very special place in my heart!

But I have never seen New York all dressed up for the holidays, and it is something that I have wanted to do ever since I was a little kid and watched Miracle on 34th Street. It was SO worth it! I loved seeing the window displays and the lights and trees and ice skating rinks. New York City is such a magical place, and at Christmas time it is even more magical! This time around we stayed at the Waldorf-Astoria, which was such a beautiful hotel! And so fancy! We were upgraded to a suite that had a living room and separate bedroom! It also had chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne waiting for us!





To start our trip we flew from LAX to Boston, and then took a train down to Manhattan. It was pretty awesome to be on the train as opposed to an airplane because we were able to see some of Rhode Island and Connecticut and the Chesapeake Bay as well. And BOSTON, well that was more than I expected. It was very cool the history there. It felt sort of like hallowed ground. The history of California is just a baby compared to over there. An also Boston is big city hub, but it isn't that big. You can walk the whole city very easily. And we did. Even in the cold and the rain. It was a really neat place to see and I recommend everyone visit!







By far, the trip was my best birthday present yet! I can't wait to take Noah to Boston in a few years so he can see a Red Sox game, and I can show him his future school (Harvard)! No pressure though! haha

No comments: