At first glance it would appear that I am behind on my Project 52, but I promise you- there are several photos sitting on my SLR waiting to be uploaded to my computer (yay me!) We have been in California for the past ten days visiting with our families and friends, and my computer is still residing in Alabama. For 7 more days, anyway. I am flying back to Auburn tomorrow morning and will be packing up our house to move BACK to California later this week!! It's exciting, and stressful, but ultimately the best direction for our little family of three to take at this time. I am leaving Noah here, a very sick little boy, which breaks my heart. I just keep chanting to myself "one more week, one more week..." We had never planned for him to return with me so that I could get all of the packing and organizing done without having to entertain him. At that time I couldn't have predicted that he would end up having two days worth of a fever of 102 or more, with seemingly no answers as to why. He has had antibiotics, blood panel done, two doctors visits, and still no answers. We are hopeful that it is just a very serious viral infection that will run it's course quickly and high-tail it out of here. I so miss the little boy in the photo above- so full of smiles and happiness and energy. He is barely present in my little blond boy today. Mostly he has been snuggling on the couch, sometimes watching tv, and sometimes staring glassy-eyed into no where. Tonight I am exhausted, both physically and mentally, from being up all night the past 48 hours, and not being able to make it better. I'm handing it all over to God now, because He is greater than whatever this is, and my hope is in Him.
Note to Noah: Tonight I said my prayers with you, and prayed for your body to be healed and that you would get some rest and feel better tomorrow. Instead of also praying for yourself, you said "I want to say my prayers too mommy." Then you prayed, "please Lord keep my Mommy and Daddy safe when they fly back here to California, and don't let my Cienzo Bug fall out of the airplane. Amen." You are truly a sweet little boy, thinking of others a lot of the time instead of yourself. I hope that life doesn't jade you too much as you grow older, and that you keep that compassion for others into your adulthood. I love you peanut!


No comments:
Post a Comment