This crown and scepter are very special. My Mom made them for me and my sister when we were little, and I have many similar birthday photos of myself. My Mom and sister made Noah a really awesome Dinosaur cake, complete with volcano and lava, for the party at my Mom's house.
Little did we know at this party- Noah was sick with the Ebstein Barr Virus, and in fact we ALL three had it! That explains the monster naps he started taking way back in December (see previous post here). I had to fly back to Alabama to finish packing up our house with Eric, and I felt terrible leaving Noah while he was sick. Terrible. Gut wrenching. A week is a long time to leave your baby when they are healthy. When they are sick?! Forget about it. But a) I knew he was in good hands with my Mom, and b) I knew I had no choice. So I left. And the short version of the story is that he got sicker, had to go back to the Dr and get more medications, and then he got better, all before I came back to California. And he won't remember any of it, except that I am memorializing it here. Haha!
TO NOAH: One day when you are a parent, trust your instincts. When your instincts tell you something is wrong with your child, even if a doctor says there isn't, get a second opinion. Or even a third. Be an advocate for your child, even if people call you crazy. It took us THREE months to get an accurate diagnosis on you. Even though EBV isn't life-threatening, we were just glad to know the root of your symptoms and to know how to treat them, finally. I also hope you are never ever this sick again. I don't think my nerves could take it!


No comments:
Post a Comment