Friday, May 9, 2014

16/52


When Noah was about 6 months old we took him to his first Dodger Game.  The Dodgers were playing against the Giants at AT&T Park.  I had just managed to be there long enough to buy a hot dog and some garlic fries (yum!) and sit down in my seat, when Noah just started screaming crying. To be fair, it was in the middle of nap time.  The crowd was also really loud.  Loud sounds were not something baby Noah tolerated very well.  In fact, we just recently got through the milestone of him not losing his shizz whenever a hand dryer in a public bathroom goes off.  I remember sitting at my friend Christy's apartment (across the street from AT&T), with a baby sleeping in the other room, hearing the sounds of the game through the window, watching it on TV while Eric was at the ballpark, and thinking of the distant future when he can skip naps successfully, and we can enjoy a 1:00pm game while the hot dog is warm and without tears. 

Well HELLO distant future!  It seemed like something as age 4/5 was so far from my grasp back then.  But the reality is that when I really think about it, these years have flown by. Flown! Before me stands this big guy, who attended his first Dodger game at Dodger Stadium the day before my birthday, and waited in line to get his first real jersey.  It is possibly a day he will never forget, given his age now.  And I'm certain I will never forget it, either.

TO NOAH:  You were so dang cute in your too-big jersey!  You took your baseball glove in the car so that you could carry it to your seat and try to catch the fly balls.  I think both your Dad and I were surprised at how "into" the whole game thing you were.  Like your mommy though, you enjoyed the baseball food the best.  Dodger dogs, garlic fries, ice-cream, caramel corn… That's my boy! :)



No comments: