This is something I never, ever, want to forget. I am flashing myself these photos while ingesting ginkgo biloboa and hoping that the memory sets way down in my brain. Because right now, at this point in time, this is absolutely one of my favorite things. Dance parties with my little guy. Here are the rules the Dance Party.
- the door to my bedroom must be closed.
- Oh, didn't I mention? Dance Parties can only occur in MY bedroom.
- the lights have to be turned out (if there are active glow sticks on hand, these are acceptable inside the Dance Party bedroom.)
- No one but me and Noah can be inside the Dance Party bedroom. If unauthorized people enter said Dance Party, then all dancing ceases.
- The "Robot" is an acceptable default dance move.
NOTE TO NOAH: I really, really, wish you would allow me to video record you dancing. Some day I will be old and I want to remember how unabashed you are when you dance for a limited audience. You always get to choose the song, and our very first Dance Party song was "Happy" from the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack. Lately, you have been choosing RIO 2, or Coldplay's new song Sky Full of Stars. You also started using an empty water bottle as a microphone, and choose to sing the words to tobyMac's "Speak Life." I hope we will be having 5 second Dance Parties even when you are six feet tall, and don't need a night light anymore.


No comments:
Post a Comment