Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful

In the spirit of it almost being Thanksgiving, I decided I should be more thankful for the good things in my life. I heard a caller on the radio the other day talking about how the definition of true happiness in life was being happy despite your circumstances, not being unhappy BECAUSE OF your circumstances. So I decided that today I would not say one bad thing about living in the valley. I know. It will be a challenge.

But focusing on the good..... I am lucky to have a job in this bad economy, (and one that I like going to everyday). I have made some really good friends at my office. And I am thankful that Eric has been home a few more nights a week lately. I miss my family and friends a lot most of the time, but I am thankful to have such GREAT friends to miss, and thankful my family is alive and I can see them in a few hours if I choose. All in all, I have more things on the happy side of the scale. On top of it all, Eric had to leave at 5:00am this morning, and when I woke up at 6:30 there was a delicious, hot, steamy pot of Dunkin Donuts brewing for me! Is he awesome or what?!? And so understanding of my addiction!




One of the things I am thankful for = my co-worker Erica (at the Relay for Life in Sept.)

No comments: