Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving highlights

For Thanksgiving we did what I lovingly refer to as the "turkey shuffle" where we drive back and forth around town trying to spend equal amounts of time with every relative in the greater coastal area. I say "shuffle" because after two or three turkey dinners, that is about all you can do. My mom and sister and I hit the black Friday sales bright and early (yes, there was Starbucks involved). We did not witness any deaths-by-stampede, but we did however see the scariest bunch of women rush the Michael's isles like they were at a Beatles concert (Ok, so I was one of those crazies). Although I think we all spent more money on ourselves instead of getting gifts for christmas! Oh well! I think that is the primary objective of marketing managers during the holiday season. Well played, marketing people, well played.
When we were home, we spent an afternoon at the beach taking "family" photos. More on that later. Here is a sneak peek....


It took every fiber in Cienzo's being not to charge off the choker leash head-first into the waves.

Incidently, how the holiday fell this year, it was only a few days before our FIRST anniversary! It is weird how quickly one year passed us bye.

Aww... here is what Hubby's card to me said. "He looked at her, she looked at him. And everyone who saw that look, wanted to throw up a little."
hee hee

SO, we left the dog with my parents for a few days and headed out of town to.....you guessed it.....Disneyland!! It was all decorated for Christmas, and surprisingly wasn't that busy. We have annual passes, so we don't have to rush around to ride everything, just enjoy the time there. Soarin' Over CA ride broke down and we were locked in our seats for about 30 minutes. It wasn't scary so much as I was seriously sweating the fact that I didn't HAVE to go pee, until I couldn't move. Then, all the sudden, it was like I'd drank three slurpees in four minutes! But we got to go through a secret passage exit and into another theatre. Yes, we still rode the ride after that. Front row and center. I mussled my way to those seats (out of order mind you) and said I wasn't moving because you guys left me locked on the ride. (The poor little teenager realized I wasn't a force to be reckon ed with at that moment, and let us sit down).


Me with my Mr. Incredible, and the character of course.


THE. BEST. PART! Lighting up the castle and letting it "snow" on Main Street!
I am SO excited that it is the Christmas season now! Happy decorating to you all!

No comments: