Okay, fun factoid for the tenth day of Christmas. The 10 lords a-leaping is the secular reason behind the tenth day of Christmas. In Christianity, however, the 10 actually represents the Ten Commandments. You know, "thou shall not have any other God's before me,.." etc. I am having a bummer day because *sniff* I finally had to take down the Christmas decorations. I know that there are a few days left in the 12 Days of Christmas, and I would have LOVED to keep the decorations up until next weekend. But, our HOA fines us for having decorations up past the weekend after New Years. Can you believe that?!? What if you are orthodox and your christmas is not until January 6th? I think someone in that situation would have a good lawsuit for discrimination. But I digress..... We are working in our back yard building a dog run and just general fixing up, so I was not really going to have any other time to take it down anyways. So up into storage Christmas goes. I think the best thing about Christmas is the feeling of magic, and that is what I have a hard time parting with each January the second. As I am taking this stuff down though, I will be watching a few Hallmark Christmas movies I TVO'd a few weeks ago.....I can hold onto the magic a little longer....
My friends Renju and Julie were married last weekend (really cool people get married at Christmas time). Anyway, these are a few snaps of them and the beautiful church in downtown San Jose. Isn't it so pretty?

No comments:
Post a Comment