Vrooooom.......
I spent last weekend in the desert (Palm Springs and Scottsdale, AZ, respectively), because we took my dad to the Barrett Jackson classic car auction for his 50th birthday. The whole weekend was just too exciting for my dad, who has been wanting to attend this event FOREVER. He is not a morning person - I spent many christmas mornings with my sister trying to get him out of bed so that we could open gifts. But on saturday morning before the rest of us had even had a cup of coffee or washed our faces, my dad was up and dressed and ready to go. This was like HIS Disneyland! OMG I took a TON of pictures, which would take entirely too long to post them all here. I actually had a lot more fun than I anticipated. Ford sponsored this race track where 'not street legal' Mustangs were racing and drifting, and just being there with the load roar of the engines, and watching the car almost drift into the fence was just too cool. I admit, I got caught up in it all, (although I never resorted to leopard print clothing, and forbid my mother from doing the same!). They sold the Shelby "Eleanor" from Gone In Sixty Seconds, and apparently McDreamy even attended the event, but not on the day that I was there. Boo! But my dad had a blast, and that was the ultimate goal. Somehow my camera strap around my neck made the security guys think I had a pass or something, but I was able to get right up to the stage and snap some pics. I even made friends with some of the event workers (and they let me snap a photo of them).
I spent last weekend in the desert (Palm Springs and Scottsdale, AZ, respectively), because we took my dad to the Barrett Jackson classic car auction for his 50th birthday. The whole weekend was just too exciting for my dad, who has been wanting to attend this event FOREVER. He is not a morning person - I spent many christmas mornings with my sister trying to get him out of bed so that we could open gifts. But on saturday morning before the rest of us had even had a cup of coffee or washed our faces, my dad was up and dressed and ready to go. This was like HIS Disneyland! OMG I took a TON of pictures, which would take entirely too long to post them all here. I actually had a lot more fun than I anticipated. Ford sponsored this race track where 'not street legal' Mustangs were racing and drifting, and just being there with the load roar of the engines, and watching the car almost drift into the fence was just too cool. I admit, I got caught up in it all, (although I never resorted to leopard print clothing, and forbid my mother from doing the same!). They sold the Shelby "Eleanor" from Gone In Sixty Seconds, and apparently McDreamy even attended the event, but not on the day that I was there. Boo! But my dad had a blast, and that was the ultimate goal. Somehow my camera strap around my neck made the security guys think I had a pass or something, but I was able to get right up to the stage and snap some pics. I even made friends with some of the event workers (and they let me snap a photo of them).

I think my dad will be excited all over again when I send him the photos. Ironically, I got a speeding ticket on wednesday morning on my way to work. Hmmm....maybe all of that testosterone and motor oil affected me.....

1 comment:
Ahh, sounds like you had fun with your dad this weekend. Cool pics. Sorry u got a speeding ticket, that is suckage!
Post a Comment