Monday, February 16, 2009

What Happens In Vegas...

We spent a long weekend in Sin City, and I don't think I am caught up on my sleep yet! Eric had a business conference for which their company invited all the wives to attend. We stayed at the Red Rock Resort, so there was lots of stuff to keep me busy (including a Starbucks, bowling alley, movie theater, and of course gambling). Now, I am not a big gambler, so the appeal to Las Vegas is sort of lost on me. And also I have no luck. Zilch. Eric has lots of luck (he got me didn't he...) and he always manages to take like, say, $50 and turn it into $300. And then when he LOSES the $300 but keeps the $50 he is okay with that. Wait, WHAT!?! I am not okay with that. Do you know the amount of clothes and shoes I can now no longer purchase because you lost that money?! He says "well you never really had $300, only $50." Um no. No appeal for gambling.


(The view of Red Rock from our hotel room)



I did have fun shopping and walking around taking photos though.
And on our last night there we went to see "Love" the Cirque Du Soliel tribute to the Beattles. That was a LOT of fun! All in all it was a good weekend.



As for this weekend, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to everyone! I made Eric some delicious macaroons to show my love.... and to show his love he begrudgingly took me to see "He's Just Not That Into You." This prompted a whole discussion on how we have to see many more romantic comedies than nuetral or suspense movies. After saying out loud each movie he had been drug to..... well.....er.....it was kind of true. So I guess I need to find girl friends who have time to do girly things, like see, say, Shopaholic. Because after this weekend there is NO WAY I am getting him to see that one!


1 comment:

Corn said...

Ha ha we went to see that movie too! I don't know how I talked Paul into it, loved it though. I will go see chick flicks with you! I love the photos! I am still needing my photo lesson!