I have been in "school" again now for a month, taking a photography class at the local junior college. I am really enjoying going to class twice a week, (which got me thinking that maybe I should have pursued education in my older, more focused years). But maybe also it is because the class is FUN, and I am learning something new every week. I took the locker picture after class one night, just because I walked by them every night and thought they were interesting. I never had a locker in high school (or college for that matter). None of these had locks on them, so I am not quite sure who uses them. 
This picture I took of Cienzo, oh and guess what?? Our extra credit assignment is to take photos of our pet. Um...check! I messed with it in our lab on Photoshop CS3 and turned the hues down to almost sephia or black & white and then I brought out the red in his collar. At first I was not really a fan of photoshop, but I am slowly changing my mind.
This last photo I took in Salt Lake on my lay-over to Vegas. It was so cool how the mountains were all snowy, and once I got the photo into Photoshop I wanted to emphasize the snow. So I softened, diffused, did some other stuff I can't remember right now, but I like the end result!
I really need a new point and shoot camera, so I am going to make that my goal this weekend. We misplaced our old point and shoot, but even if I could find it I would still want a new one. Our zoom really distorts the quality of the photo and the camera was bought in 2005, so time for an upgrade. I really love my SLR, but it can be cumbersome in certain situations, and it is nice to have some sort of camera with you all the time. I am in the market for a Nikon, but I'd probably be okay with a Canon too. We'll see who gives me the best deal!

No comments:
Post a Comment