Sunday, March 22, 2009

I wish I had a river, I could skate away


Joni Mitchell said it best in River (I personally prefer the cover by Sarah McLachlen), sometimes you just need to get away for a while. My week, was, to say the least, a depressing one. So we decided to go up to the mountains this weekend and just get away from it all for a little while. Although it was 75* when we left Saturday morning, a mere hour and a half away (and about 5,000 elevation) it was 46*!
It was a stormy dreary day, just what I needed. Cienzo LOVES the snow, I've never met a dog that loves the cold more than him. He spent hours laying on his belly and "sledding" down the little hills, and then digging in the snow, for what - who knows. He also loved to chase phantom snowballs, we threw them up in the air and he would try to catch them and pick them out of the blanket of snow on the ground. That might have been what he was digging for!
Needless to say, we all had a good time playing in the snow, forgetting our troubles for a while, and Cienz slept like a dead man all evening long. It is still stormy and dreary today, so we are hauled up inside with hot drinks and blankets. Might be the last cold day for a long time

No comments: