Sunday, March 29, 2009

On the outside

"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time." ~Clara Ortega



My sister was so kind as to come and stay with me for a few days this past week because Eric was out of town. She surprised me by showing up at our front door saturday night! It was great, not just to have SOMEONE, but to have her here. One night we rode our bikes to a local sandwich/salad place, and then rode to Blockbuster to rent Twilight (BTW total tween movie, don't waste your time). But it was fun to watch a dumb girly movie and eat junk food. After all, we got some exercise on the bikes! I love the quote above, because it rings very true for me and Am. Sometimes our parents can't understand, but our sibling always will. I am glad that time will never change our relationship. I love you Am!

1 comment:

Em said...

Ummm....the guy in Twilight is HOT (and mysterious)! That's all I have to say. :)