Monday, June 15, 2009

Berry Pride


I really hate slackers.
On a different note, I have been meaning to write about our Memorial Weekend adventures for a few weeks now.

I am so pround of my husband! With 30 just around the corner, he has gotten a little nervous about his body's longevity and made his goal for 2009 to lose weight and become more healthy. So far, he has done great. He has lost over 40 lbs and is much more active. It is so great that we can do physical activities together now. Over the holiday weekend we ran the 5k in the Strawberry Stampede, a run associated with Arroyo Grande's annual Strawberry Festival. It was Eric's FIRST ever 5k run! Thanks to my mom, who came to cheer us on, we were able to capture some shots of Eric crossing the finish line. After running in less than 33 minutes, we were able to eat lots of yummy strawberry treats!!




We were also house sitting for Eric's mom and watching her dogs. Therefore, we not only had OUR 100lb lab to look after, but THREE 100lb labs! They had a lot of fun with each other though. I like to call them Neopalitan. =)


It was a great weekend at home. The weather was great, we had four days there so we weren't rushed and got to spend time with lots of different people!

1 comment:

Corn said...

Yeah!!! Good job running the 5K! Paul & I are doing a 6 mile run soon and it will be his first ever too! Cute photo!