Sunday, May 9, 2010

Things I have learned...

Happy Mother's Day! It is my first mother's day as a mommy, not just a daughter. Here are some of the things I have learned the past few months as a new mom:

1. Moms always sacrifice more than dads. From sleep, to careers, to activities they wish they could do. It is just the nature of the beast.

2. A great partner in life is indispensable in this parenting adventure.

3. No matter what the circumstances were in a past experience that you THOUGHT you were tired, you weren't. You don't know true exhaustion until you are a mother.

4. Even at 2:00am, even when you are sleep-deprived and cranky, a hug from your baby makes it all melt away.

5. Unless and until you are a mother, you will never understand the sacrifices, unconditional love and devotion that your own mother gave to you. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!


Noah wanted to be sure to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and just in case I didn't quite hear him, he woke up at midnight, 2:30am, 5:00am and 6:45am to re-tell me. I got it buddy, you like being with me! =) Eric got me a really nice card that discussed the new drug "Screwitol." I am glad we are on the same page today! I am looking forward to spending a lazy day with my men.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! XOXOXO

No comments: