Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Me and my men

Eric had such a great time enjoying the fishing and the clean air up in Alaska! He brought back a TON of yummy fish too! On Father's Day weekend he BBQed some halibut, King Salmon and White Salmon. I had never eaten halibut before, but oh my goodness I am a big fan of it now! I am glad we have more in the freezer. Here are a couple pictures Eric took while on his trip:

The Yes Bay Lodge - where he stayed

A Bald Eagle
Some of what is in our fridge - HUGE halibuts!

Maybe Eric will be a guest blogger and write his own post about his trip. He had so much to tell me about it when he got home!

For the rest of Father's Day weekend we took it easy and just enjoyed being a family. I made Eric maple over-night french toast for breakfast and then Noah and I gave him his gifts. I got him a manly DVD (The Hurt Locker) and Noah got him a watch with a purple face (the color of Amethyst, Noah's birthstone) and it is engraved on the back from Noah.


Noah started eating rice cereal a couple weeks ago, but this past weekend we introduced him to oatmeal and carrots. He LOVED the carrots and has since tried applesauce. But he won't eat plain cereal and he always tries to use the spoon himself! Type A first born showing already!


His famous sideways look....not sure about this carrot thing

Daddy can get him to eat the cereal!

"Let me do it myself!"

Happy FIRST Father's Day Eric!!! I hope it was a nice weekend for you, even though I was tired (and apparently sick, bleh). You are such an amazing father, Noah is a very lucky little boy. And I am an even luckier wife! We love you!!!!

No comments: